CHICKPEA & GOJI BERRY SALAD (Salad captured bottom left in the above photo)
2/3 cup slivered almonds
400g can organic chickpeas, drained & rinsed
300g orange or mandarin segments
2/3 cup dried goji berries
1 small red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2.5cm piece fresh ginger, minced
1 small red chilli, seeded & diced
1 cup parsley, chopped
125g feta cheese (organic goats would be best - & yummiest - if you can)
1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Toast almonds in frying pan over medium heat, until golden brown, for about 4 minutes, stirring often.
2. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Store in refrigerator for several hours before serving. (Serves 4).
PEACH & STRAWBERRY (CHICKEN) SALAD (Salad captured bottom right in the above picture)
Now, this recipe has chicken in it & we made it with organic chicken, however, I just picked it out & feel it would be a delicious salad without the chicken. You could also use Butter Beans, which I think would be delicious, or perhaps marinated tempeh. Yum!
150g mesclun lettuce
2 organic chicken breasts pan fried & diced (optional) - Butter Beans or organic marinated tempeh
250g punnet strawberries, washed and sliced in half
1 avocado peeled & sliced
2 peaches, seeded & cut in to thin wedges
1/3 cup macadamias
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1. Pan fry chicken breast & slice (optional ingredient like Butter Beans or organic marinated tempeh)
2. Combine mesclun, chicken (optional), stawberries, avocado, peach & macadamias
3. Dressing: In a small jar whisk all ingredients together & pour over salad just before serving. (Serves 4).
4C SALAD (Orange coloured salad captured in the above photo)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup raw cashew nuts
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup lemon dressing (1/2 cup oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup lemon juice)
3 tbsp honey or date puree (dates & a dash of water)
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
1/2 cup coriander freshly chopped
1. In bowl combine coconut, cashews, ground coriander, oil and mix.
2. Pour onto an oven tray and bake at 150 degrees for 10mins or until just brown.
3. Grate carrots.
4. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix gently.