My favourite word of all time... LONGEVITY. I love everything about this word. The positive frame it shapes around ageing, the possibilities, the cultural discoveries, the joy, the connection, the ease, the daily habits, the self awareness - it all lights me up. So let me shine some light on how you can enhance your longevity.
Longevity simply means - a long duration of individual life.
I notice a lot of people have hang ups around the word ageing. There is fear attached to another birthday, another year. I don't feel the same way and I'm really proud of that. Each year brings more lessons, more connection, more discoveries, more opportunities. There is so much to discover and learn on this planet. Over the year I have become equipped with oodles of tools on how to support my body and mind, nourish my hormones and focus on the things that are important for healthy ageing. If I need to shift gears because I'm noticing changes in my body - I can. I want you to either develop or enhance your own personal awareness around longevity, leaning on me as a guide and support.
The above pic was taken recently on day 4 of the Seeds Of Health fasting retreat at Mossman Gorge. We had been fasting for 3 full days and I felt amazing. My body always slips into a place of ease when fasting - less work to do and therefore more time for regeneration and repair (the next fasting retreat is September 12-16th, 2018 so keep your eyes peeled!)
Here are some hot tips to assist you with your LONGEVITY...
- Fast! If fasting for a day or more scares you then try intermittent fasting - Have an early dinner then hydrate and skip breakfast, being prepared to munch of something wholesome and packed with nutrition at brunch/lunch. Fasting repairs your DNA - can you believe that?! Longer fasts give you faster results - this September (12-16th) there is another fully supported fasting retreat coming up! Or reach out for guidance prior to that, to fast at home.
- Hydrate. Good quality water is a must here. If you are hydrating yet filling your system with chlorinated and fluoridated water then it's creating extra work for your body. Find some spring water in your area or purchase a Zazen water filter - I personally love mine! Have used it for 3.5 years now.
- Support stress within your body. Exercise is a great way to counteract and release stress (move your body in a way you love...me personally - hiking, yoga & swimming). Herbs are another great way to support your body through times of stress. Superfeast herbs are something I use daily to tonify and support my system, in hot drinks or smoothies, however through a Naturopath consultation I can refine the exact ones that you need in a variety of forms. An iridology assessment (picture of your iris) assists me with this understanding. A liver cleanse blend could be the place to start?! Floating is another beautiful way to surrender & give back to yourself when feeling stressed. If you are a first time user remember to make the most of my coupon code! Or for your own at home remedy - meditate! Stress ageing the body faster than anything else. Meditation is a free, at-your-fingertips tool that can reverse this ageing and combat your stress. Deepak is holding another FREE 21 day mediation challenge on March 19th, so make sure you sign up!
- Eat plants! Upping your plants - VEGETABLES AND FRUITS - definitely enhances longevity. Adding enzymes, nutrition, vitamins, minerals, life force, hydration, trace minerals, antioxidants, etc to your system to repair your cells. My social media channels hopefully provide inspiration for you here or my blog has recipes on it. During a Naturopathic consultation the recipes, links & inspiration are more specific for you as an individual.
- Tibetan Rites - these 5 exercises are known as the Fountain Of Youth. I wrote a blog post about them a few years back. The perfect tune up for your endocrine system each day.
- Reducing and eliminating chemicals in your lifestyle. This is an enormous topic which I am super passionate about so perhaps another blog post needs to be created? I have been chipping away at this in my own lifestyle for years. Constantly upgrading my choices and switching to cleaner options for my body and the Earth. For now I'll just list some of the alternatives I can support you with - chemical free menstrual cups and pads, chemical free beauty, perfume and cleaning products. There is a whole chapter about Conscious Living (Chemical free living) in my Nurturing 9 ebook which you can download via my shop or on Amazon for your kindle. Comment below or shoot me an email if you are wanting personalised support around this change to a chemical free lifestyle. My Kitchen Detox packages are a great wholistic way to kick this change off! Otherwise, a gathering with other women to discuss any of these topics is a beautiful way to spend the arvo - I love bringing people together to enhance their wellness.
Having others to share JOY with or lean on is ridiculously underestimated. COMMUNITY is where it's at. Coming together to share, laugh, cry, talk, inspire and be with is missing in our fast paced, online world. Don't forget your neighbours. The Blue Zones of the world - where the centenarians - thrive are fully aware of this concept. I find the Blue Zones inspiring! It's not all about how many carrots you eat, okay?!