Thanks for joining me on this journey of health!
This week I want to share some information with you about pregnancy after it being brought to my attention by Tyler Tolman.
There are many things to consider both prior to getting pregnant & also during your beautiful 9 months of pregnancy. Here are some wholesome suggestions to consider…
– Breathing: Do you breathe deeply? Have you tried 7 rounds of 7? Emphasis on breathing allows the body to excrete toxins, oxygenate every cell, feel energised, enhance the lymphatic system (collects garbage from our blood) and more. While your body changes and prepares for creating a new being it needs to be oxygenated. It will also assist with supporting the nervous system during this time.
– Sunshine: Vitamin D from the sun helps our mood, energy and bone health, to name a few. It is essential to get some everyday – start with small amounts on as much of your body as possible. Try lying naked in your backyard, find a nude beach, or just get outside in your togs. Either way don’t assume that driving from A to B and exposing your arms to the sun is enough vitamin D for the day.
– Whole foods: Juices, dairy free smoothies, green smoothies (all providing concentrated nutrients), fresh fruit, steamed vegetables, listen to your cravings if you feel they are genuine but fill up on good nutrition at the same time. Here’s a link to some great ideas on my blog…here, here, here, here, here, here, & here – that should keep you going for a while!
– If you feel that you are not able to get these nutrients on a daily bases another suggestion or an additional add on would be to start taking Juice Plus – a new product that I am stocking in my clinic. I am very excited about this product as I know that the fresh fruits and vegetables stored in the tapioca capsule go through a very strict, clean process to ensure the nutrients are well maintained – from paddock to capsule. It is unbelievable what is inside I feel this is a fabulous addition to include in your routine to ensure, along with lots of fruits and vegetables, you are those extra nutrients to support your body while it has extra demands.
– Good quality oils rubbed on your belly, breasts, hips, etc everyday. Consider using coconut oil, olive oil, sesame oil (this oil is very grounding), jojoba oil, rose hip oil. There are many to choose from.
– Exercise: ensure daily walking (30mins or more), weights or strengthening exercises where you can to keep the body well adjusted and strong as it goes through changes, yoga is a fabulous strengthening exercise that also allows for a mind/body connection and concentration on breath.
– Support around you and healthy relationships so that you feel supported during this time of change, growth and creation. Choose to surround yourself with positive people. This will uplift your soul, nourish your nervous system, allow you to enjoy the highs and feel supported during the trying times.
Here is the link if you want to watch a video by Tyler Tolman on the topic of pregnancy: http://tylertolman.com/health-articles/how-to-have-a-healthy-pregnancy
You may already know that I will be supporting Tyler Tolman in Bali this coming January! People with chronic disease will be attending this 30 day fasting and cleansing program in order to heal their conditions. This is something I am very passionate about and excited that I am able to work along side Tyler and support these individuals through their journey with my Naturopathic knowledge and skills in order to create healthy change and transformation in their lives. If you are suffering from a chronic condition and feel this resonates with you then check out the program for this coming January right here.